Friday, February 24, 2012

Made the Grade: In The Flesh by J. R. Barrett

Format: Kindle Edition | File Size: 263 KB | Release Date: February 2012 | Publisher: Self-Published | Obtained: Amazon.com

"In The Flesh" by J. R. Barrett (aka Julia Rachel Barrett)

My Book Summary : Because of the flu going around at the hospital, where Sydney works, she has been working for a few days straight and her boss finally tells her to take a few days off. However, instead of finding a place to stay the night close by the hospital Sydney decides to drive in the middle of a major snowstorm back to her ranch on the edge of town. When she's not far from her house the storm picks up and there is a blinding flash not far from her .... changing her life forever ....

.... and for Ze’ev (Wolf), a being from another world, his "life" is just beginning.

My Book Review : 3 out of 5 stars, within the genre of reading about epic loves this is one romance that catches you doesn't let you go. There are quite a few twists in this story, they keep you on your toes, while you also some scenes that are very steamy. I enjoyed reading about how Wolf finds the things around them and how he relearns things again.

Nevertheless, I didn't really enjoy the ending in this book. I mean it's a good ending that mostly wraps up everything in the book. However, if the author gave more of Wolf's side of the events, I think I would have enjoyed the book more.

Yet, with that being said I would still recommend this book to whoever's read J. R.'s "Incorporeal" and/or to those who like reading paranormal romance books. Especially the type of books that deal with soul mates! =0)

Book Teaser(s) :
He’s like a little kid, or maybe he has brain damage. Christ, I don’t know which, but I don’t think he’s dangerous, just enthusiastic.
Enthusiasm or no, I need to get him back inside and covered up.

Syd touched his face to get his attention. “We need to go back inside,” she said, pointing toward the house. “It’s too cold out here and you don’t have any clothes on.”
“Clothes?” Eyes wide, he looked down, as if his nakedness suddenly registered. With his free hand, he tugged at her sweatpants. “Clothes.”
“Yes, right, clothes. You need some clothes.” ~ within Chapter 2
“You know as much as I do. I don’t know who or what I am.” He took a deep breath and blew it out. “I remember how to speak, how to eat. I remember the taste of pancakes.” He smiled and Sydney smiled back. “I remember snow. An image passes unbidden in my mind from time to time, like a still photo. I see a small girl. I believe her name is Sara. Who she is and what she is to me remains a mystery.”
Does he have a daughter, a family? If he fell from the sky as he claims, how could he have a family? Then she remembered. ~ within Chapter 7
For more information on this book, series, and/or any other books by J. R., then please check out her website.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment!!

*The owner has the right to remove comments that she would consider spam*

This site is a participant in various affiliate advertising programs through Amazon.com, Rakuten Marketing, Commission Junction, IndieBound, Smashwords, Book Depository, and more that are designed to provide a means for Jess to earn minimal advertising fees by showcasing the areas you can purchase the corresponding products that Jess discusses within her blog posts. Basically Jess earns from qualifying purchases.
More specifically Jess partners those websites' programs and you should be aware that they may collect personal information when you interact with their sites. The collection and use of this information is subject to their own privacy policies.
You can check out Rakuten Marketing's privacy policy here: https://rakutenmarketing.com/legal-notices/services-privacy-policy/