Saturday, August 25, 2012

Made the Grade: The Paradise Diaries Series, Book 1

- This is an ARC book - Available Formats through Amazon.com: Kindle Edition - File Size: 345 KB | Expected Release Date: July 1, 2012 | Publisher: Lakehouse Press | Obtained: NetGalley

"Dante's Girl" [The Paradise Diaries Series, Book 1] by Courtney Cole

My Book Summary : While on her way to her annual summer trip to stay with her father in London, Reece runs into/meets Dante who’s on his way to London too. He's the handsome and sophisticated son of the Prime Minister of Caberra, an island near Greece. What neither of them expects is that while they are slowly getting to know each other on the plane a freak volcanic eruption would change their lives, and having Dante ask Reece to follow him back to Caberra with him...

Now on Caberra, Reece feels like she sticks out like a sore thumb while staying at the Old Palace. Even though Dante makes sure she is entertained and sees the beautiful highlights of his wonderful paradise, it's hard to overcome the knowledge---at times---that Dante is such a big deal and comes from a different world than her, especially when he has paparazzi and a security detail following him almost everywhere. Nevertheless, with all of that Reece and Dante end up falling in love with each other. However, will love be enough to hold them together when it seems that Dante's complicated life keeps trying to tear them apart?

My Book Review : 3.5 out of 5 stars. This is a cute novel. It's about two people that are instantly drawn to each other while going through quite a few trials and tribulations so they can prove themselves to each other. Dante and Reece are so sweet together that you just can help but root for them. In addition, I loved that Dante goes through this novel by trying to stay true to himself while sticking to his duty and his father's wishes as much as possible, as it's something that doesn't often happen in young adult novels.

I can't help but wonder about what the next book in this series will bring, especially since it's all about Quinn and Mia.

I recommend this novel and series to anyone who enjoys young adult contemporary romances.

- On a side note -
When I read this novel, it wasn't edited that well, so I hope your version will be a bit better.

Author's Novel Extras : Dante’s Girl: Chapter One | Dream Cast for Dante’s Girl

Author's Series Extras : Interview with Reece Ellis | Interview with Dante Giliberti | Interview with Mia Giannis | Interview with Elena Kontou | FAQ’s about Dante’s Girl: Answered!

Book Teaser(s) :
"Here, try this," Dante instructs me, holding out a piece of crab dripping with melted butter on a small fork. I study it for a second and Dante rolls his eyes.
"Just try it," he tells me. "It's not going to bite."
I let him stick the fork in my mouth, expecting to taste a piece of Heaven, like I did when I tried the gelato.
But no.
This is most certainly not what I receive.
This isn't Heaven.
This tastes like a dead fish in my mouth, which is actually true.
I try to resist spitting it out, instead concentrating on chewing up the hateful piece of meat. Dante looks at my face and then dies laughing.
"Can I assume you don't like it?" he asks, his face lit up like a Christmas tree in his amusement. ~ within Chapter 9
I had dinner alone in my room and I haven't spoken to Dante since, even though he texted me and asked if we could talk.
I told him no.
Then he said please.
And then I considered it.
But then I didn't have to answer because he was called away to meet his father at the Old Palace. So I was granted a reprieve. But it won't last forever.
Why is being strong so freaking hard?
I rest my head against the stone tiles behind me and add more water to the huge, deep tub. And then more bubbles. Because a sad girl deserves bubbles, dang it. And my bubbles keep popping. And isn't that a great analogy for life right now? My bubbles keep getting popped.
Sigh. ~ within Chapter 20
For more information on this book, series, and/or any other books by Courtney, then please check out her website.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment!!

*The owner has the right to remove comments that she would consider spam*

This site is a participant in various affiliate advertising programs through Amazon.com, Rakuten Marketing, Commission Junction, IndieBound, Smashwords, Book Depository, and more that are designed to provide a means for Jess to earn minimal advertising fees by showcasing the areas you can purchase the corresponding products that Jess discusses within her blog posts. Basically Jess earns from qualifying purchases.
More specifically Jess partners those websites' programs and you should be aware that they may collect personal information when you interact with their sites. The collection and use of this information is subject to their own privacy policies.
You can check out Rakuten Marketing's privacy policy here: https://rakutenmarketing.com/legal-notices/services-privacy-policy/