Friday, February 8, 2013

Feasted On: Play With Me by Piper Shelly

Format: Kindle Edition | File Size: 287 KB | Release Date: December 2012 | Publisher: Self-Published | Obtained: Amazon.com

"Play With Me" by Piper Shelly

My Book Summary : Liza & Tony have been best friends since third grade when they bonded over their mutual love for Tom & Jerry cartoons. Over the years, Liza's feelings for Tony have grown into a major infatuation. Now years later, a few weeks before Liza has to go back to high school, she finds that their relationship has changed once Tony returns from his summer soccer camp. All because Tony likes another girl--one who is into soccer as much as he is!

Therefore, as a way to get Tony's focus more on her again, Liza decides on trying out for their co-ed soccer team. However, her plans may backfire when instead of gaining Tony's focus, Liza gains the focus of Ryan the hottest guy in school and Captain of the soccer team! Nevertheless, is she willing to give up her longtime love for her best friend just for a guy who can sweep her away with a heated glance? Or will her life get even more complicated?

My Book Review : 4 out of 5 stars--a sweetly intense short story about a girl who thinks she's in love with her best friend but when she starts hanging out with a guy who pushes all her buttons she finds him hard to resist. This novel was passionate, intense, and charming when it came to Liza's growing relationship Ryan, along with the friendship between Liza & Tony. Ryan was a keeper from the beginning but I liked how the novel plays out the conflicts that come between the characters. The plot was a little like "Catching Jordan" except for who the heroine ends up with at the very end, and of course that the sport the guys like to play in this novel is soccer not football.

My only big issue with this novel was how rushed it all felt at times. Yet that could be because I just didn't want it to end. I can't wait to read Tony's novel!

I recommend this novel to anyone who likes reading YA romances!

Author's Novel Extras : PLAY WITH ME - Excerpt | PLAY WITH ME - Playlist | Epilogue for PLAY WITH ME | Character Interview with Ryan Hunter | Character Interview with Liza Matthews | It’s out! It’s out! OMG, it’s finally OUT!!! | A read for the holidays! | The Deal – it’s for FREE | Get another half for free! | RYAN HUNTER – exclusive interview | Epilogue for PLAY WITH ME

Author's Series Extras : Tony’s unpublished scene | PWM book II - Excerpt | There will be a sequel | Something...and a little bit

Book Teaser(s) :
Suddenly his lips twitched.
“I can feel you staring at me,” he said in the softest wake-up voice I’d ever heard. “I only hope you’re a girl and not one of the drunken guys.”
My breath caught in my chest. I jerked my hand back from him. Not taking his arm away from his face yet, he reached down with his other hand. And slowly ran his palm over my naked thigh in the direction of my bum.
“Yep, definitely female,” he purred.
In panic, I held his hand in place. “Move another inch, Hunter, and you’re a dead man.”
“Matthews?” Surprised amusement filled his chuckle. Unlike me, he seemed relaxed enough.
A strange heat rose from my gut to my head as I studied his hand on my bare skin. Wearing nothing but jeans and a black wrist watch, he looked more like a guy from the many posters on the walls of Caroline Davis’ bedroom than the boy I knew from school.
I felt awkward for not letting go of his hand on my leg, but I was too scared he’d continue the path he’d started if I did.
“Tell me, Matthews,” he said as he dropped his arm to the pillow and tilted his head to study me with warm eyes. “Why do I have you in my bed, when I’m not allowed to touch you?”
“I didn’t know there were strawberries in the soda,” I whined.
His brow furrowed, his lips pursed. “Come again?” ~ within Chapter 5
For more information on this book and/or any other books by Piper, then please check out her website.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment!!

*The owner has the right to remove comments that she would consider spam*

This site is a participant in various affiliate advertising programs through Amazon.com, Rakuten Marketing, Commission Junction, IndieBound, Smashwords, Book Depository, and more that are designed to provide a means for Jess to earn minimal advertising fees by showcasing the areas you can purchase the corresponding products that Jess discusses within her blog posts. Basically Jess earns from qualifying purchases.
More specifically Jess partners those websites' programs and you should be aware that they may collect personal information when you interact with their sites. The collection and use of this information is subject to their own privacy policies.
You can check out Rakuten Marketing's privacy policy here: https://rakutenmarketing.com/legal-notices/services-privacy-policy/