Thursday, March 7, 2013

Made the Grade: Three Worlds Series, Book 1

Format: Paperback | Pages: 320 | Release Date: March 2011 | Publisher: Ballantine Books | Obtained: Friends of the Pasquotank-Camden Library - Fall Book Sale

"Seduce Me in Dreams" [Three Worlds Series, Book 1] by Jacquelyn Frank (aka Jax)

My Book Summary : Ravenna (Rave) has been visiting Bronse's dreams for a while now, trying to warn him of impending trouble coming his way as well as to learn more about him. They both don't understand the dreams, why or how they are able to talk to each other, but they are drawn to each other more because of the dreams then they would ever realize.

Therefore, when Rave learns of her own kidnapping she turns to Bronse in hopes that he can be her (and her younger brother) savior. Just hopefully, Bronse won't come too late....

My Book Review : 3 out of 5 stars, two strong leaders come together with plans of protecting themselves from a plot on their heads and to save those in their groups. It is an intriguing novel set around three unique worlds. However, Bronse and Rave weren't as great of characters as I wanted them to be. Their chemistry was great in the beginning but by the middle, their indecision about their attraction to each other made it so I couldn't like them, as I wanted too. Plus, it didn't help that Rave's younger brother, Kith, was soo annoying (even the characters thought so)! My favorite character was Lasher (Bronse's second in command and best friend).

I recommend this novel to those who are fans of Ms. Frank and who like sci-fi romances!

- On a side note -
Well, I didn't find this novel as "tasty" as I had hoped. -- Click here to find out why I would say that. --

My Previous Review(s) for this Author : Forbidden | Drink of Me

My Previous Mention(s) of this Author's Books/Characters : "Waiting On" Wednesday: Forever | The Books I'm Thankful For (so far) in 2012 | Best Book Couples -- Happy Valentine's Day 2013 | Books & Animals Just Don't Mix...

Author's Novel Extras : A Legacy of Words

Author's Series Extras : NOCTURNAL!! | Debut of my first JAX book, THE BID | Happy New Year 2011! | The Nightwalkers Book SIX is DONE!! | SEDUCE ME IN FLAMES! TODAY!!

Book Teaser(s) :
"I'm sorry," Bronse murmured after a moment, blinking and refocusing his disbelieving attention. "Could you repeat the question?"
Unperturbed, Lasher did so, grinning the entire time. He knew full well that Bronse had heard him and comprehended. "I asked you what you were thinking."
Bronse laughed suddenly, half with humor, half with that same disbelief. "I am suddenly having a flashback to my marriage. Liely asked me that question a hundred times a night when I was off-mission. Do I have to worry that we've been on-mission together too long?"
Lasher responded by throwing a bread roll at Bronse's head. ~ within Chapter 2
"What the hell is going on around here? I want to know just exactly what I did to deserve this. There must be something. Maybe some information I have that I don't realize I have."
"I think we'd better find out. Fast would be nice. I'd hate to think I'd be afraid to get laid until we do." Lasher smirked at Bronse.
"You know, I'm so glad my impeding homicide is such a source of humor for you," Bronse said. ~ within Chapter 8
For more information on this book, series, and/or any other books by Jacquelyn, then please check out her website.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment!!

*The owner has the right to remove comments that she would consider spam*

This site is a participant in various affiliate advertising programs through Amazon.com, Rakuten Marketing, Commission Junction, IndieBound, Smashwords, Book Depository, and more that are designed to provide a means for Jess to earn minimal advertising fees by showcasing the areas you can purchase the corresponding products that Jess discusses within her blog posts. Basically Jess earns from qualifying purchases.
More specifically Jess partners those websites' programs and you should be aware that they may collect personal information when you interact with their sites. The collection and use of this information is subject to their own privacy policies.
You can check out Rakuten Marketing's privacy policy here: https://rakutenmarketing.com/legal-notices/services-privacy-policy/