Sunday, March 24, 2013

What was I thinking?: Renegade Saints Series, Book 1

Format: Kindle Edition | File Size: 439 KB | Release Date: February 2013 | Publisher: Self-Published | Obtained: Amazon.com

"Picture Perfect" [Renegade Saints Series, Book 1] by Ella Fox

What was I thinking? : It had a hot cover and I liked the author's book description.

Author's Book Description : Flynn Rand spent the last decade as the lead singer of one of the world’s most famous bands. Although he's got a reputation as a player, he’s decided that it’s time to find something real.

One look at a photo of Tessa Hamilton had him hooked.

Tessa’s teenage celebrity crush was Flynn Rand. Now he was offering her the professional opportunity of a lifetime, a job as the official photographer for the Renegade Saints farewell tour. Assuring herself that her teenage attraction to Flynn wouldn’t hold up when she met him in person, Tessa took the job.

The chemistry between them is immediate and powerful, but Tessa is hesitant to explore their connection.

Flynn has no intention of giving up, and he intends to prove to her that they are meant to be together.

Can Flynn convince Tessa that their attraction to each other is the real thing?

My Book Review : 1.5 out of 5 stars. Two "soulmates" finally get together, if only he can prove to her that his feelings are true.

Well .... I had hope for the characters and for liking this novel but after reading 38% of it (at Chapter 19) other then the erotic sex scenes the plot doesn't seem to go anywhere. Although, I'm a fan of the erotic novels this one just didn't hold my interest as much as I would have liked. Even though Flynn seemed to be a "perfect gentleman."

No recommendation either way from me, just a good luck if you decide on reading it.

Author's Novel Extras : “Picture Perfect” is out! | Picture Perfect is now an Amazon Best Seller!

Author's Series Extras : Work in progress | A taste of Flynn | A taste of Flynn

Book Teaser(s) :
A soulmate is an ongoing connection with another individual that the soul picks up again in various times and places over lifetimes. We are attracted to another person at a soul level not because that person is our unique complement, but because by being with that individual, we are somehow provided with an impetus to become whole ourselves. 
 ~ Edgar Cayce ~ within the Prologue
Dad: I swear I love this girl already. You’ve had it too easy your whole life where girls are concerned.
Me: Hey! Mary didn’t make it easy on me.
Dad: Mary didn’t count as a relationship, and if you think she did... then you’re an idiot.
Me: Ouch dad. Ouch.
Dad: Fighting every day and breaking up every four seconds does not a relationship make.
Me: I know, dad. I’m just kidding. You’re right. I don’t know anything about having a relationship.
Dad: Son, you learned at the knee of the master. You’ve got it in you. Now you just need to access it.
Me: Jeez dad. Inflated ego much?
Dad: I worshiped your mother. Still do. That had to have rubbed off on you. But I was talking about POP, smartass.
Me: I learned from you both, dad. I remember how you were with mom.
Dad: That means a lot Flynn. I’ve got to get changed before I pick Pop and Gram up. If I’m not there on time Gram will tweet about it.
Me: She scares me with that Twitter account. Last week she put up a pic of me naked in the bathtub when I was a baby. #myprecious I swear to god I choked when I saw it. All the gossip sites copied the pic too.
Dad: Of course they did. Gram’s got a million followers. She takes her legion of fans seriously.
Me: I swear to god its Gram that’s the real performer in the family. She’s a nut.
Dad: That she is! But she’s the nut that you insisted on giving a computer and an iPhone to, genius.
Me: I just wanted to be able to talk to her all the time! Who knew she’d get into trouble?
Dad: It’s Gram. Of course she was going to get into trouble!
~ within Chapter 12
For more information on this book, series, and/or any other books by Ella, then please check out her website.

2 comments :

  1. This book sounds like a great read; I love the teaser and the cover. Nice choice!

    My TT post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a heck of a teaser! Sounds like a book I would enjoy!

    Come see our Teaser Tuesday on Harlie's Books!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment!!

*The owner has the right to remove comments that she would consider spam*

This site is a participant in various affiliate advertising programs through Amazon.com, Rakuten Marketing, Commission Junction, IndieBound, Smashwords, Book Depository, and more that are designed to provide a means for Jess to earn minimal advertising fees by showcasing the areas you can purchase the corresponding products that Jess discusses within her blog posts. Basically Jess earns from qualifying purchases.
More specifically Jess partners those websites' programs and you should be aware that they may collect personal information when you interact with their sites. The collection and use of this information is subject to their own privacy policies.
You can check out Rakuten Marketing's privacy policy here: https://rakutenmarketing.com/legal-notices/services-privacy-policy/