Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Feasted On: Games Series, Book 3

Format: Kindle Edition | File Size: 346 KB | Release Date: July 29, 2013 | Publisher: Self-Published | Obtained: Amazon.com

"Ice Games" [Games Series, Book 3] by Jessica Clare (aka Jill Myles)

My Book Summary : When Zara was fourteen she ruined her Olympic skating career when she stomped off the ice during the middle of her performance. Since then life hasn't been the best for her, but now--about eleven years later--Zara thinks she will be able to redeem herself by being a replacement as one skating professionals on Ice Dancing With the Stars. However, her world is in for a major twist when she finds out the celebrity she'll be working with happens to be MMA Fighter, Ty Randall, who's known as "Ty the MMA Biter" for quite a good reason and who has no real interest about being on the show other then making sure he'll get some good PR.

This duo is in for one hell of a ride throughout the show. Will they be able to make it through, win the game, and end up together for good? Or will all of Zara's bad juju get in the way?

My Book Review : 4.5 out of 5 stars! Two former high-end stars are trying to turn their pride-ruined careers into something better, while finding love in unexpected places. I really liked this duo. Zara and Ty are more alike then they'd like to admit at first when they meet but as they become friends during their time together sparks begin to fly and soon they both know it's not a question about if they'll get together but when!

This novel was spicy, intimate, fun, creative, and one I didn't want to end. Yet, even though I liked it, there were a few (not all) twists that I didn't enjoy and wish had happened a bit differently.

Overall, I would still recommend this novel to anyone who likes contemporary romances, especially ones about strong/fierce men showing off their steamy and tender sides.

Purchase This Book and/or The Other Books From It's Series Here :

My Previous Review(s) for this Series : Book 2

Author's Novel Extras : Ice Games - Overview | Covers and a few upcoming releases! | Teaser chapter of ICE GAMES | ICE GAMES is out, baby!

Author's Series Extras : Wicked Games - Overview | Playing Games - Overview | I Lied | Wicked Games has a new cover | But what about... | I stink at updating! BUT I HAVE COVERS!!

Book Teaser(s) :
Ty Fucking Randall.
I didn’t watch Mixed Martial Arts, but I sure knew who he was. Everyone did. He’d made headlines about a month or two ago when he’d been headlining a fight in Vegas, and he’d bitten his opponent. Bitten. As in, chomp chomp. As in, tore a hunk out of his nose. People had been scandalized, and he’d been put on hiatus. No one wanted to fight him. It wasn’t exactly that you were expected to fight clean in MMA, but you didn’t tear your opponent’s face apart. I mean, Jesus. He’d made public apologies through his reps, but the incident was still too new and fresh on everyone’s minds for this to be anything besides a shock.
And I was filled with a cold ripple of dread, thinking of all the beer in the fridge. Something told me that Michael Michaels wasn’t going to be my partner. Oh no. Oh, nonono.
I didn’t want to be with Ty the Biter.
It was clear he didn’t want to be here. He leaned against the sedan and crossed his legs, and then crossed his arms over his brawny chest. He looked bored. Pissed.
He wouldn’t want to win. I had a feeling he was just here for some good PR. He sorely needed it. But my guess was that he’d also be just fine with last place. Not me. I needed to win.
If he were my partner, I was screwed. ~ within Chapter 2
“A virgin. I so did not need this.”
I tried to squirm out of his arms. “You dick. Aren’t guys supposed to be excited when a chick’s a virgin?”
“Why? I thought we were going to have some sexy, no-strings-attached sex. Now I have to freak out about hurting you because you’re a fucking flea, and I’m a big guy.”
I rolled my eyes. “You know what? This is really killing my mood right now. Forget I said anything.” I tried to get up again.
He pulled me back down once more, and I thumped back onto his lap, earning a small groan from him. “You sure as shit can’t go now.”
“Why not?” ~ within Chapter 11
For more information on this book, series, and/or any other books by Jessica, then please check out her website.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment!!

*The owner has the right to remove comments that she would consider spam*

This site is a participant in various affiliate advertising programs through Amazon.com, Rakuten Marketing, Commission Junction, IndieBound, Smashwords, Book Depository, and more that are designed to provide a means for Jess to earn minimal advertising fees by showcasing the areas you can purchase the corresponding products that Jess discusses within her blog posts. Basically Jess earns from qualifying purchases.
More specifically Jess partners those websites' programs and you should be aware that they may collect personal information when you interact with their sites. The collection and use of this information is subject to their own privacy policies.
You can check out Rakuten Marketing's privacy policy here: https://rakutenmarketing.com/legal-notices/services-privacy-policy/