Sunday, July 20, 2014

Idolizing In: Since You've Been Gone by Anouska Knight

- This is an ARC book - Available Formats through Amazon.com: Paperback - Pages: 320; Kindle Edition - File Size: 453 KB | Expected Release Date: July 29, 2014 | Publisher: Harlequin : HQN Books | Obtained: NetGalley

"Since You've Been Gone" by Anouska Knight

Authors' Book Description : How do you learn to love again?

In one tragic moment, Holly Jefferson's life as she knew it changed forever. Now—to the external world, at least—she's finally getting back on her feet, running her bakery, Cake. But inside, she's still going through the motions befitting a twenty-seven-year-old widow.

Then she meets Ciaran Argyll. His privileged and charmed life feels a million miles from her own. However, there's more to Ciaran than the superficial world that surrounds him, and he, too, is wrestling with his own ghosts. Will Holly find the missing ingredient that allows her to live again—and embrace an unknown and unexpected tomorrow?

My Book Review : 5 out of 5 stars!!! WOW ... just, wow. Throughout reading this novel I expected to see it take many different turns, but I never expected to be so enraptured that I'd read through it so quickly and fall in love with it at the same time.

What can I say ....

I was riveted by this moving first person contemporary romance.

I swooned at how Ciaran got to know Holly while proving to her that her love for her husband may not be the only love she has to give. To outsiders they might seem like opposites, but together they force each other to relax and brake out of their comfort zones while enjoying the good things in life.

I could not get enough on this engaging cast of characters! I HIGHLY recommend this novel to anyone who enjoys contemporary romances. Especially ones with a comedic flare while dealing with multiple intense settings and themes.

Purchase This Book Here :

Author's Novel Extras : Pre-publication jitters... | Parents’ Evening Curveball | ‘Since You’ve Been Gone’ is going Stateside!

Book Teaser(s) :
"Holly, what are you wearing, darlin'?" A very sweaty, but dapper-looking Frank had appeared at my side as I'd been thinking of something to say to Mr. Argyll.
"You look beautiful, Hol, ignore him. Frank---shut up, man." Jesse had stopped dancing now, too. Ciaran Argyll hadn't moved. He was just standing there watching me, his approving eyes almost as brown as Jesse's. I looked down at my dress and felt the smile fall from my lips. With a sickening lurch, I realised that I was still wearing my bath towel.
Right on cue, of course, the ice maiden took her place at Ciaran's right arm, just as I started to hyperventilate. "Would you like me to take you to get those waxed?" She smiled sweetly.
A vicious intake of breath and I jolted back to life on my bed. ~ within Chapter 8
The happiness in the room was tangible, as if you could swing a butterfly net around and take some home with you.
Ciaran and I walked through the door and into the corridor together. Today had been a good day. I felt...happy. Full up. I was trying to think of something to say to him when Martha yelled from the other side of the closed door.
"Holly Jefferson! You've got food colouring on my baby!" ~ within Chapter 28
For more information on this book and/or any other books by Anouska, then please check out her website.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment!!

*The owner has the right to remove comments that she would consider spam*

This site is a participant in various affiliate advertising programs through Amazon.com, Rakuten Marketing, Commission Junction, IndieBound, Smashwords, Book Depository, and more that are designed to provide a means for Jess to earn minimal advertising fees by showcasing the areas you can purchase the corresponding products that Jess discusses within her blog posts. Basically Jess earns from qualifying purchases.
More specifically Jess partners those websites' programs and you should be aware that they may collect personal information when you interact with their sites. The collection and use of this information is subject to their own privacy policies.
You can check out Rakuten Marketing's privacy policy here: https://rakutenmarketing.com/legal-notices/services-privacy-policy/